August 16, 2005

101 Things About Me

All right, there has been pressure from those not to be named (yes, there has been more than 1 person) asking for an entry already. As a first real post, I'm using an idea I've seen in several blogs as a "get to know you" dealie. Hopefully it will satiate all of you for now. ;) Tho I am playing the waiting for labour to start game, so I may find myself on here more in the coming days. THEN you'll be sorry you asked me to post to begin with.

  1. I don’t think there are 101 things about me that are interesting enuf to note, but here goes…
  2. I have a 19 month old son named Cael
  3. I’m expecting Cael’s little brother Iain any day
  4. I’m really not ready to be a mom of two
  5. I’m going to try for a non-medicated birth this time
  6. I just finished packing my hospital bag this morning
  7. I turn 30 on Saturday
  8. I hope Iain waits ‘til after that
  9. What I’m most excited about with this baby is using my new sling. Sad…
  10. I’m typing this in Word so it will capitalize “I” for me and double space between lines
  11. I was born and raised in Nova Scotia
  12. I went to Belgium on student exchange after high school
  13. I actually flew out of Halifax on my 18th birthday
  14. I spent most of my year abroad in cafes drinking yummy Belgian beers and smoking strong no-filter french cigarettes
  15. I have no idea how to do accented french letters without the numberpad
  16. I have a wart on my right middle finger that I’ve been dousing with tea tree oil
  17. I think its finally working
  18. I was adopted when I was 3
  19. I have no clue who my biological parents are
  20. As far as we know, my husband and I aren’t blood relatives
  21. I have two cats
  22. They’re both fat
  23. Well, one is fat at something like 23 lbs…the other is a svelte 16
  24. The fat one weighs about the same as my son
  25. I started putting Rescue Remedy in their drinking water ‘cuz they’re both insane lately
  26. I have red hair
  27. I have to dye it soon ‘cuz my green highlights are starting to show. Long story…
  28. I wear glasses
  29. My right eye is a ridiculous –8.5 and my left a more normal –4.5
  30. I have 25 pairs of shoes, half of them sandals
  31. I have 25 first cousins on my dad's side alone, with another on the way any day!
  32. I never broke 100 lbs for good until I was in my mid 20’s
  33. I’ve only gained 15 lbs this pregnancy
  34. I breastfed my son for 10 months
  35. He pretty much self-weaned…I’d have kept going
  36. I’ll be breastfeeding this baby
  37. We use cloth diapers
  38. No, we’re not crazy
  39. I have 11 plants in this room alone
  40. Oh crap…I really need to vaccuum
  41. I’ve been married for almost 6 years
  42. Huh…my anniversary is in less than 2 weeks
  43. We got married in Nova Scotia
  44. It was a stinking hot day
  45. Jon (husband) dripped sweat on me from the tip of his nose during our first married kiss
  46. The wedding venue was a hand-made log church with no electricity
  47. The church is actually an historic site…a replica of the first church built by Scottish settlers in that area
  48. I wore a traditional dress with a train
  49. I never thot I’d wear a dress like that for my wedding, but there ya go…
  50. Our wedding rings are engraved with Celtic hounds
  51. I’m going for a swim after I finish this
  52. I’m not a huge fan of chocloate
  53. Except melt in your mouth good quality Belgian chocolate
  54. Wow…I’m over halfway done
  55. I can’t wait to have a rye and coke after this baby is born
  56. I’m addicted to Canadian football
  57. My team is Hamilton, tho they are winless so far this season
  58. I only started driving in the city a few months ago
  59. Now I’m a pro!
  60. I am unfortunately an impatient, rather aggressive driver
  61. I just ate 2 tomato sammiches and I swear almost a litre of milk
  62. I’m having a decent contraction right now
  63. I hate warm V8
  64. I’m one of those suckers who owns a bullet blender
  65. Yes, the BLENDER, not the sex toy
  66. One of my best friends from high school is getting married next month in PEI
  67. I won’t be able to go. :(
  68. I have about a dozen candles that have drowned wicks
  69. I keep meaning to get the supplies to re-melt them and make votives
  70. I’ll probably never do it
  71. My dad is an NDP MLA in Nova Scotia
  72. That usually means lots of extra work for my mom
  73. I need to re-paint my toenails
  74. I rarely paint them normal colours like pink. I prefer blues, purples or greens. Sometimes burgundy or something.
  75. Right now they are an orangey colour, but its been on for way too long
  76. I have lots of freckles, mostly on my shoulders, arms and knees
  77. I’ve never had a fake Christmas tree
  78. I love bugs, including spiders
  79. Except earwigs…they make my skin crawl
  80. I have way too many photos of bugs I’ve found in my gardens
  81. Cool…the craziest of the fat cats is drinking lots of water right now…hopefully the Rescue Remedy will calm her down…
  82. I like politics
  83. I blame my dad
  84. I work for the government
  85. When I go back to work after my mat leave, it won’t be to the same job
  86. The job I went back to after my leave with my son was also different from the one I left. Gotta love re-orgs…
  87. I’m having another contraction
  88. The down arrow on my laptop is squeaky
  89. The laptop is my birthday present
  90. I own a jogging stroller and have been running with it twice
  91. I don’t consider myself really adamantly for or against anything
  92. Well, maybe for breastfeeding
  93. Oh, and anti declawing
  94. My second toe is slightly longer than my big toe
  95. There is a copy of the Merck Index in our living room bookcase and we actually use it…huge geeks
  96. My husband is a chemist…so I blame him
  97. There is still a home-made mother’s day card being displayed on the shelf
  98. We own a house. Well, the bank does…
  99. I don’t know how to play chess
  100. I love the rain
  101. I also love snow

Well...I came up with 101! How do ya like them apples?

Now off for that swim I promised myself...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much better! :)

Let me know when you're linkable.

17/8/05 09:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#94

is a dominant gene trait WAHOO

18/8/05 13:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T,
Have you thought about putting Rescue Remedy in YOUR water? Just a thought.

18/8/05 13:58  
Blogger Tanya said...

heather (a.k.a. anonymous), don't laugh, but i plan on using it during labour. yes, i'm seriass. ;)

18/8/05 15:13  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Very good list. I have a homeopathic wart treatment if it doesn't work :) And Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad Andrea told us all about you!

7/9/05 03:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home