November 14, 2006

I'm here!

If anyone cares that is. ;) The last couple of weeks have been insane with me trying to get all my work caught up, and I'm home this week with the kids. My mom is here next week and then Jon will be home the following week. THEN I'm home for five weeks. I honestly don't know if I can take it. Iain is such a little shit lately. Purposely doing exactly what he knows damn well he isn't supposed to. We just do the circuit of him getting into something, me taking him away, him moving on the the next thing, me taking him away etc. etc.... I so hope its just a phase. A short phase. Cael wasn't like that at all, so I really don't know what to do. I refuse to fully babyproof. IMO they should just learn what they can and can't touch. I have already moved a clock from the end-table and the phone, camera and remote controls have taken up permanent residence on the dining room table. Its the only place he can't reach.

It doesn't help that I'm sick as a dog. The cold started Sunday and now I'm a feverish, coughing, sniffling mess. I just can't get warm...last night I took a steaming hot shower and didn't warm up at all the whole 15 minutes or so I was in there. I had goosebumps, yet I couldn't see a foot in front of me because of all the steam. Good times. Oh, and Cael is sick too. He seems better today, but he spent the whole weekend coughing and wheezing. I have a bad feeling the kid has asthma. If he runs around (even when well), he coughs and wheezes. And the wheeze he had on Sunday was AWFUL. Poor kid.

ANYway, posts will be few and far between in the next little while. Unless I find something to keep the kids occupied for a time. Right now they are watching 4 Square. THE most annoying show ever, but they're glued to it. The way I'm feeling today, they can watch whatever they hell they want. Well, within reason... I'd say that I'll post while they nap, but Christmas is coming and I have lots to do! I'm going to actually bake this year, and I'm in the middle of making Christmas cards. Plus I thought it would be a good idea to make scrapbook calendars for the grandmothers. It was a nice idea at the time, but its a helluva lot of work. Twenty-four layouts to do. Believe me, they're pretty basic...nothing fancy.

AND I got my spoilee name for the Winter Holiday Blog Extravaganza and Gift Exchange! So I'm excited to get into that! :D

Now, excuse me while I go throw out the mountain of tissues that has somehow appeared on the table while I was writing this...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, crap. Sorry to hear that your house is a sick one, too. At least I know for sure you guys didn't get it from our house! ;-) Unless you can get e-sick.

I hope you're all feeling better soon. So far, I'm the only one in our house NOT to get sick.

14/11/06 15:24  
Blogger ccw said...

Any post that starts by proclaiming one of your little angels a shit is usually good.

I hope everyone gets well and stays well!

14/11/06 16:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tanya! Sorry to hear you're all having such a hard time. I'm no doctor or anything, but Cael does sound like he may be a bit asthmatic. All my kids went down that exact same road. Not fun. Anyhow, I hope you feel well soon! Take care!

15/11/06 11:16  
Blogger Tanya said...

pbmom, we didn't have it anywhere near as bad as you guys did/do. knock on wood, the pukey sickness hasn't touched us at all yet since the kids were born. *knocks desperately on table*

ccw, uh yeah. that was nice huh? ;)

tt, thanks! scrapping has slowed down this week. my brain is too numb.

amy, NOOOOOO!!! don't tell me that. not listening. lalalalala... seriously, i guess we should get him checked. but we'd have to take him in while he was wheezy, right? its impossible to get an appt with his doctor (she only does the yearly wellness checks) and the walk-in never takes anyone seriously. we're kind of screwed...

16/11/06 10:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home