October 26, 2006

Winter Holiday Extravaganza Answers

As invented by Andrea, my answers for the Winter Holiday of Your Choice Blog Extravaganza!


If I could, I'd invent a self-cleaning house, and damn it, the world needs one because, who has time to clean properly?

I sometimes buy lotto tickets, because it is/they are more like the me I want to be than the me that I am.

If you came over to my house to play and touched my ________________ I'd be a little bit mad at you forever. I dunno…nothing in my house is really off limits for touching. I encourage touching. Unless you're a 14 month old and you want use the remote as a phone/teething ring.

The colour pink makes me want to shave my eyeballs with a cheese grater.

The colours orange/brown/yellow/any earth tones are so beautiful that when I see them, a beam of light comes down and I hear a choir sing.

Oysters make me gag, feel it in my mouth for a minute, and then wash it down with champagne rather than spit it out (or else I just don't like it, but I'm too nice to say it.)

I might get sick or die if I touch lawn grubs, or look at earwigs. (picture dancing on tip-toes and waving hands while squealing…its that bad)

Same as previous answer gives me the willies and I might need to consider a frontal lobotomy if I even think about it further.

I love the feel of pashmina and other soft wools so much I want to hump it like a puppy on a sofa pillow. (what a lovely image THAT is!)

No one should have to watch me eat Zesty Cheese Doritoes or Belgian chocolate, because then I might consider being polite enough to share, and I don't want to share it.


I'm a grown-up now, so I don't have to eat beets any more, and you can't make me.

If I could invent a way to permanently coat my nostril hairs with this scent, I'd be my own biggest customer: sandalwood or cinnamon

Three things I like that anyone might like: good chocolate, Canadian football, hockey

Three things I like that nobody else in the world likes: (wow, that's hard…I'm not that unique in my likes) Thrills bubble gum, curling (ok, maybe some people like it, but I sure as hell get made fun of for that one), spiders

I have TOO MANY/TOO MUCH OF lip gloss/balm (its an addiction…but I won't stop buying it), and not enough funky coffee/travel mugs (also an addiction…and I'll never stop buying them either).

Okay, we know the best things in life aren't things, but these are the best things in life if there are going to be best things: strong coffee, purring kitties and warm squirmy toddlers, all while sitting in front of a roaring fireplace on a stormy day.

When people have kind, sweet and nice things about me, they're usually talking about my sweet kids. When they say I'm a bleeding heart, they're usually right too.

It's true, I'm a scrapbooker. I'm learning to be proud of it. (Andrea, this was there from when I started entering my answers waaay back when, honestly!)

If I could have any talent in the world, I'd choose ultra-creativity and use it to complete all of the half-finished things that are sitting around, waiting for me to become inspired.

You are given a day and a no-limit credit card to spend in one of these places, childfree. Choose one, or write your own:

An auction, where you never know what you want until you see it, and then you want it more than anyone. It's all about the adventure and the atmosphere.

Or my own:

A never visited health food store, where I could browse the beauty products (and probably buy more lip gloss), natural foods and green cleaning supplies. Geeky much?

And here's the last chance to make sure that you're not going to get a "Jelly of the Month" club membership when you're expecting your bonus for a swimming pool:

It is important to me that the items chosen for me are I dunno…unique I guess. Natural is nice. But to be honest I just like the giddy little thrill I get when I open stuff! ANY stuff!!

And

If I could suggest that you read only one post from my archives, this would be it: Are you my Mother?

And

If I were to name the Holiday of my choice for this exchange, it would be:

Christmas, but only because I don't know what else to call it as we don't really observe the religious aspect.

1 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

How do people live without lip gloss or chapstick? I have tubes tucked all over the house.

I enjoyed reading your answers.

27/10/06 09:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home