January 10, 2007

Finally!!!

Its winter in Ottawa. The current temperature is -11.5 C. -22 with the windchill. I've been waiting for this more normal weather...the warm winter we've been having makes me nervous. AND I finally get to wear the pretty knee-length down-filled jacket with faux fur around the hood. I got it at Costco in July (why they would have a coupon for a down-filled coat in July I'll never understand...) and it just hasn't been cold enough to wear it. Yaaaayy winter!!

(And the first person who mentions the rain we're getting on Friday gets a Banana Guard in the mail. Don't say I didn't warn you...)

In other news, this is post #100! It only took me a year and a half to get here...so please, no applause. Just send cookies.

Now, to celebrate my entry into the 100 post club, I have a fancy pants new header. Anyone who can help me figure out how to insert the dang thing into my header will be my new favourite person. I've followed lots of different tutorials and just can't get it to work. All I see is the text header when I preview. What am I missing?? FWIW, I'm still on the "old" blogger and use the minima template. You can even email me if you want... bloonsie AT gmail DOT com

9 Comments:

Blogger suze said...

you know, i was just thinking today, as i pulled my battered and bruised banana from my lunch bag that perhaps i need a banana guard... so, you know, on Friday, it's supposed to.... :P

congrats on 100 posts. I won't tell you what number I'm on... But I can help you with the header thing. I'll try and explain it in an email.

10/1/07 14:34  
Blogger suze said...

oh, and also, I too am happy to finally have a reason to wear my new winter coat - a pretty rusty red with a fake fur collar and cuffs. I love it. :)

10/1/07 14:50  
Blogger Tanya said...

suze, i'd love ya forever if you could help. i'm not a total loser when it comes to technical stuff, but i feel like an idiot not being able to figure this out.

and congrats on your winter coat wearing! :D

10/1/07 15:16  
Blogger Amy said...

Yay for winter and the awesome coats we get to wear! Congrats on the 100 posts too! Sorry, I can't help at all with the header thing. I do well to turn the computer on in the morning!!

11/1/07 07:39  
Blogger ccw said...

Congrats on hitting 100!

I was sad about the warm weather, too, because I love wearing sweaters but now that it is cold again I am complaining.

11/1/07 10:55  
Blogger suze said...

hey! did you get my email?

11/1/07 12:08  
Blogger Tanya said...

no, i didn't . ooooh...i wonder if it went to my spam? i emptied it all earlier too... oops.

can you resend?

11/1/07 14:31  
Blogger suze said...

will do :)

11/1/07 21:26  
Blogger suze said...

okay. it's been sent. title is "to put a header into blogger..."

11/1/07 21:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home