January 03, 2008

The rut

You know that big hole* in the road you drove over this morning? The one that you tried desperately to avoid, but couldn't, so a big chunk of slushy, dirty snow fell out of your wheelwell into the hole? Well, I was in the hole too. Have been for a good while (hence the lack of posts) and I just can't seem to get out no matter how hard I try. My creativity is down the crapper. I went away for a scrapbooking weekend back in November and only managed to come home with eight completed pages. I'm not putting anything extra into anything at my job…bare minimum at best. Its bad.

I'm not sure how to fix it. Write more regularly, and the words will come? Scrap more, and the pages will put themselves together? Do something besides sit and stare at the tv/laptop every evening? In my defence, I've also been getting a lot of crocheting done lately! Scarves for Christmas gifts, as well as a scarf and two hats for myself! Anyone what a scarf and/or a hat? I'm getting pretty good at them…just don't ask me to do anything fancy.

Regardless of the rut, I've promised myself that I AM going to write more. I think a weekly entry is a good start and we'll see where it goes from there. Wish me luck! And send Doritos and root beer…


*I know that technically a rut is the set track that your wheel follows as you make your way up the street, but I couldn't find a way to make that work without making my brain hurt. Case in point...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's nice to hear from you!! I'd love a hat and a scarf! LOL...j/k!

Being a mom, a wife and employee is hard work...we wear a lot of hats (pun, definitely intended!). I'm finding it hard to find time for myself too...not sure what's going to happen when I go back to work.

But I love your idea of witting once a week! That should get the creative juices flowing!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! (Maybe a post with pics of the hats and scarves??)

3/1/08 15:41  
Blogger ccw said...

Glad to see you back,even if it will only be on a weekly basis.

It always seems to me that most bloggers start having trouble posting as the weather starts to change.

4/1/08 08:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm there with you, babe. That's why it takes me days to even reply to your emails. It's not you, it's me...

I think we need ANOTHER w/e away...

7/1/08 22:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home