January 03, 2006

What I did on my Christmas vacation...

Well, not a whole lot actually. We had a chill-out relaxing week at the cottage. Ah, what a picture of winter beauty...






Too bad we had to share it with the facking squirrels. Funny story...I was in the kitchen making dinner and Cael was in the living room. He was babbling non-stop as usual and I was just saying "mm hmm" every so often. Then he got quite animated and yelled "MOMMY!". I turned and asked what was up and he calmly said "squirrel. right there.". I looked up and sure enuf there was a red squirrel on the beam. As soon as our eyes met, the animal took off. Leapt from the beam to the stairs, then it must have fallen down the stairs or something. Lots of noise anyway. Then it took off to the basement. I'm ashamed to say that I squealed like a little girl and almost jumped up onto a chair. Cael thot it was pretty funny and told Jon all abt the squirrel when he got in from snow clearing.


So yah, apart from our houseguests, it ws fun. Lots of playing in the snow...


Lots of presents...



Lots of cuddling with my boys...



AND I got my first handmade kid ornament made at daycare! Cael painted the white himself and helped with the glue! :)


I was planning on posting more, but some little squirt is going against his regular routine and has only slept half an hour. So more later hopefully...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful spot! Too funny about the squirrell! I love the ornament Cael made - how special... it'll be on your tree forever! I'm so glad to hear that you had a relaxing vacation... you deserve it!

3/1/06 14:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home