July 18, 2006

Blogiversary!

I realized that its been over a year since I started this thing...huh. Hard to believe its been a year since I was fat, hot and obsessing over every little uterus twinge. Even harder to believe that in a month, my leave will be over and I'll be back to the grind until I retire. Oh, what a cheerful notion THAT is...

On that note, I will probably be scarce until then. I'd like to really enjoy the rest of my leave with Iain. Not to mention that my laptop is going into the shop this week...the battery has never worked and we want to get it fixed before the warranty runs out. And apparently it takes three weeks for them to send it away and fix it.

So a quick update on the boys...

Iain is becoming quite the strong willed little man. He knows what he wants and tries until he's blue in the face until he gets it. Or has a meltdown, whichever comes first. He STILL only has the two teeth...frig! I'm sure a whole bunch will come at once at some point...this is ridiculous! He's not walking, but is still teasing us by standing on his own for a few seconds at a time. He LOVES the pool. Splashes and kicks like crazy. And puts his own face underwater!

Cael is just getting over a f o r e skin infection (spaced out to hopefully avoid searches...) that just happened last week. I ended up rushing (well, moderately hurrying) to the Children's Hospital in Ottawa to get treatment. So we'll have to keep an eye on that and hope it doesn't become a recurring problem. He's officially a little fish! He's discovered that if he lets us put water wings on his arms, he can swim. That's right...on his own. He'll go all around the pool with one of us following. I'm nervous of the deep end, but as long as he has the wings on he can't sink. But still...ack! Potty training is ok. He has his good days and not so good days. He seems to be resisting doing #2 on the potty, which is frustrating. He'll sit there for a good half hour and as soon as we give up and put a diaper back on, he'll poop. *sigh* And he tells us AFTER he pees in his diaper. "I peed....horraaaay!!!! I have gummy bears now." He doesn't understand that we only reward him and celebrate when he goes in the potty. But anyway...

So on that, I'll sign off for now...if anything big happens I'll go sit downstairs in the dingy basement and post. But more than likely there won't be anything big to note until I'm back at work. Ugh...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, a month? How did it go by so fast?

18/7/06 17:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! You go back to work that soon??? Poor you.

As for Cael's potty-training? That's where Rylan was (exactly!) not too long ago, so I'm sure you'll be celebrating the Potty Training Completion soon enough! Don't sweat it, babe!!

18/7/06 23:54  
Blogger ccw said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Enjoy your last month.

19/7/06 11:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! (And you were never fat BTW!!) I can't believe you're going back already!! It goes by so fast, doesn't it?

20/7/06 07:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home