October 19, 2005

Just call him Gobbleguts

I think we must be in the midst of a growth spurt 'cuz he wants to be on the boob all the damn time. Day and nite. Naps for maybe 20 minutes during the day if I'm not holding him and eats every 15 while he's awake. Kill me....I'm seriously ready to gouge my eyes out. How long does this last?? So far its 3 days and counting...

At least he's sleeping 2 hrs between feedings at nite so I'm getting a little rest. Tho I am on the couch 'cuz Jon's snoring is out of control. He starting a weight loss program so hopefully once he loses 10 lbs the snoring will stop....that's usually the way it works. In the meantime I think I'm gonna set up shop in the basement on the pull-out.

I have been pumping enuf for a partial feed a day just to get him used to a bottle. I desperately want to be able to leave the house for more than an hour to get a haircut! Its getting shaggy. And tomorrow should be interesting. I have my postpartum appt and I have no idea how to do it. I think I may end up taking Jon with me so I can feed Iain in the waiting room while I wait to be seen and then Jon can hold him while I get probed and Gobbleguts screams for more. Nice. But better than me having to deal with it in the drs office or Jon having to deal with it at home for an hour or more and have nothing to give him. Haven't had time to pump and even if I did, dunno if I'd get much 'cuz Iain is seriassly taking it all.

He's awake in there again, so I best get the boob ready. Ugh...its times like that I so want to give him formula just for my own sanity, but I know it won't solve anything. And may cause problems with gas. I so don't want to go down that road...

HTH do new moms have time to blog?? I've read some by women who have newborns and honestly I don't know how they do it. I'm lucky to get my little insignificant weekly posts in...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the gouging your eyes out... Sounds like a growth spurt, and he's right on track...they usually have one around 6-8 weeks. Hopefully it won't last too much longer. Hang in there girlie, you're doing an awesome job!!!

19/10/05 09:03  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Like Amy said, hang in there! You'll have a sassy new hairdo and time one day. Congrats on the eating machine. I love it when kids eat.

19/10/05 11:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed that the spurt ends soon adn you get your fabulous sleeps back.

19/10/05 11:52  
Blogger Tanya said...

tks ladies...the reassurance REALLY makes me feel better. :)

i know its normal...hell, cael was like this from the beginning. at least i've had 7 good weeks with iain. ;) its great that he's such an eater and is growing. i just hate being stuck to the couch. its hard to even go out for a walk 'cuz he melts down from hunger after less than an hour. and our little town isn't very NIP friendly...

the good news is that he just put himself to sleep in his crib. hasn't done that all week. woohoo...onwards!! :D

19/10/05 11:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home